I love finding new recipes and people to share ideas and inspiration with, so I was really excited when plant-based YouTuber JenJen Recipes got in touch about a collaboration. I tried out one of Jen’s recipes: basil pesto noodles. I couldn’t believe how quick, easy and delicious it was! I switched out the noodles for gluten free tagliatelle and added a sprinkle of vegan parmesan.
This is a really tasty option for lunch and an easy crowd-pleaser that can be thrown together in 10 minutes.
Gluten Free Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta
- 300g gluten free tagliatelle
- 40g pine nuts
- 30g fresh basil leaves
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- 50g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Cook the gluten free tagliatelle in a pan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.
- To make the pesto, blend the basil leaves with 15g pine nuts, olive oil, rapeseed oil, and lemon juice. Then, toast the remaining 25g pine nuts in a non-stick pan on a low-medium heat for a couple of minutes until slightly golden.
- Stir the pesto into the cooked pasta. Add the sundried tomatoes and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts to serve. Enjoy!
- I love pesto the besto, so when I made this the second time I did the same amount of pesto to half the quantity of pasta. If you love pesto the besto like me, then you should too.
- Add vegan parmesan (I like Violife) to the pesto before you blend it for extra deliciousness!
- Throw in some rocket, mushrooms and red peppers to give yourself a tasty pasta salad for your lunch.
A huge thank you to JenJen Recipes for letting me share her recipe with you lovely people. Click here for the link to the original YouTube recipe tutorial, and please check out the JenJen Recipes channel for loads more vegan and plant-based recipes!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! As always, let me know if you try it out and tag me in your pictures! You can get in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or click here if you have any comments, questions, or just fancy saying hello.