See, I told you my sweet recipe posts seem to accidentally have developed a chocolate/coconut theme…
These truffles are so easy to make and only require 5 ingredients! I’m muching my way through them way too quickly as I’m typing because they’re so moreish and delicious.
Coconut Chocolate Truffles
- 400g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 200g coconut milk, shaken well in the can
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar, sieved
- dessicated coconut
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place in a glass bowl.
- In a microwaveable bowl, heat the coconut milk until piping hot. Add the vanilla extract and pour over the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted and combined. Add the icing sugar and stir in.
- Cover the mixture and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours until it is completely solid. Then, use a teaspoon to make portions, and roll into balls in your hands (you can use food gloves to do this), before rolling in the dessicated coconut. Refridgerate until firm again.
- Dip the truffles in dark chocolate and sprinkle with nuts or freeze-dried raspberries instead of rolling in dessicated coconut.
- Wrap up the truffles in bags with ribbon ties and give as gifts (perfect for Christmas!)